The information in this article applies to:
- Music Creator 6 Touch (Steam version only)
Previous installations of Music Creator 6 Touch – Steam, created a folder ‘Cakewalk Content’ on C:\.
Due to customer requests this has changed:
- New installations will reference the ‘Cakewalk Content’ folder from your ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk’ or ‘SteamLibrary\Cakewalk’ directory
- Existing installations will not be affected by this change. If you would like to point the application to the new folder paths you can do this manually under Edit > Preferences > Folder Locations
Due to this change the ‘Demo Projects’ drop down is not populated in the Quick Start dialog window.
This will be resolved in a future update, for now you can do one of the following work around:
- Go to ‘File > Open’ and navigate to ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ or ‘SteamLibrary\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ there you can open one of the files
- You can access the demo projects via the in project Media Browser. By going to ‘Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ you can drag one of the listed files directly into a blank project. This will then open the file.
- Alternatively, under C:\ create a folder structure called “Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ and copy the contents of ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ into it.
This change does not change the behavior of the Sound Center DLC expansion packs being copied to your system %Appdata% directory. A resolution is being investigated.