This update focuses on control surface, QuickTime, OMF, and VST Adapter enhancements, and around 20 bug fixes.
Note: This patch requires SONAR 4.0.1. If you have version 4.0.0, you must first download and install the 4.0.1 Maintenance Release.
Control Surface improvements:
- Control Surface API now supports metering
- Enhancements that improve performance (new framework changes which are designed to make surfaces put much less load on the host)
- Mackie Control supports "Signal" LED and meters.
- Support for Mackie C4
- MotorMix now supports meters and other improvements:
- Supports Undo / Redo and Save
- Supports Input Monitoring on Tracks
- Supports all Bus Parameters
- Supports all Mains Parameters
- Strip types are now Trks, Bus, Mains (previously Trks, Aux, Bus)
- New RedRover control surface module
- Note: control surface modules not included in this patch must be later updated to take advantage of metering and performance benefits
- User selectable sample rate and bit depth when importing OMF files
- Ability to read OMF files created by Avid and Pro Tools system that contain NEST and TRANSITION constructs
VST Adapter improvements:
- Error message would appear when inserting UAD-1 Powered Plug-in effects in series
- NRPN event could not be sent directly to VSTi synths, even if the "Do not intercept NRPNs" option was not enabled
- Certain plug-in GUI's would take an excessive time to open
- Certain plug-in would take an excessive time to insert
- QuickTime one-pass export
- Frames are no longer doubled in some NTSC movies
- QuickTime movie playback performance gains, particularly for movies that have been trimmed inside SONAR
- More reliable seeking behavior with QuickTime movies
Various other enhancements:
- Ability to specify default pre fader send mute behavior (specify whether or not track/bus mute and solo should affect pre fader sends)
- Ability to export multi-channel audio to external command-line encoders
- The correct time signature was not imported when importing (not opening) MIDI files
- Audio data could end up on the wrong track when loading and re-saving a bundle file
- In very rare cases, switching a master bus to mono, pressing play, then toggling the Audio Engine button could cause a crash.
- Slow tempos would affect smoothness of video playback (see 'High Resolution Reference Clock' topic in the README file)
- It was not possible to remotely input MIDI note values in dialog boxes from a MIDI device
- The application would become unresponsive if the QuickTime Movie Settings dialog obscured the Video view
- Many "Server Busy" messages would appear when trying to export a trimmed video clip as a QuickTime movie.
- Nodes in Sonitus EQ would display in the wrong position in 16-bit color mode
- SONAR was not able to import certain RIFF WAV files that were created in applications (such as MOTU Digital Performer) that don't write a completely legal WAVEFOPRMATEX header
- Bus meters would sometimes disappear temporarily
- Track envelopes on MIDI tracks could be moved to begin at time 1:01:000 under certain circumstances even if the first node did not start at time 1:01:000
- Audio Groove clips exported as 24-bit files (ACID loops) would not always save the loop attributes correctly
- When exporting to OMF, stereo tracks split to mono were not kept in the correct order
- After exporting a project with stereo tracks to split mono OMF, the stereo tracks were renamed with a '- L' suffix
- It was not possible to mute/unmute a main output from a control surface
- When using Reason as a ReWire device in SONAR, Reason would become unresponsive if you removed Reason from the Synth Rack then tried to manually close Reason
- TTS-1 DXi would sometimes cause a page heap error when closing its property page
In order to access this free download you must be a registered SONAR 4 Producer or SONAR 4 Studio customer. If you have not registered your product you can register online now.